If dry, chapped lips are the bane of your existence, you have our full sympathies. Here you are, thinking that the long winter months are a perfect excuse to do all things fun; sip on hot chocolate, snuggle under warm blankets and or go for long walks, in the cold, crisp air. But the constant irritant that you encounter every day (and one that majorly spoils the mood!) is the problem of super dry skin, especially lips. Luckily, we have the perfect solution for you: CBD lip balm. Yes, this popular ingredient does deliver extra perks. What’s more, a CBD lip balm works equally well for soothing sun-damaged lips in hot, summer months! Sound like a total win-win? Then read all about the following 5 best CBD lip balms in the UK and pick your favourite!
Like with any hot new product, it’s a good idea to start with a thorough discussion of what CBD lip balm is and its potential benefits and drawbacks.
Table of Contents
What are CBD Lip Balms?
You might already have some idea of what a regular lip balm is. It is a wax-like substance applied to lips, in order to moisturise them and prevent chapping. Lips are made from thinner and more delicate skin as compared to the rest of the facial skin. Hence, they are more vulnerable to extreme weather conditions, such as hot or cold dry weather.
A lip balm creates a protective shield; it helps keep moisture locked in and prevents your lips from becoming dry and cracked in such weather conditions.
A CBD lip balm is a regular CBD balm that is infused with cannabidiol (CBD). The incorporation of CBD takes the benefits of a regular lip balm to another level.
Topical CBD products like CBD lip balms are becoming increasingly popular, owing to CBD’s potential skin benefitting therapeutic effects. According to some studies, as well as strong anecdotal evidence from CBD users, CBD products can help alleviate irritation and minor pain.
Cannabidiol is considered a nourishing compound and is being hailed for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties. The best CBD lip balm UK can not only help hydrate dry and damaged lips, but it can also protect the skin from free radicals and environmental damage.
While beeswax and hydrating oils are the common ingredients in regular lip balms to soothe and nourish chapped lips, CBD can take his hydration up a notch. A well-made hemp lip balm with CBD oil can help seal moisture in lips, preventing them from becoming dry and flaky.
Benefits of using CBD Lip Balm
The following are the potential benefits of using a CBD lip balm:
- Keeps lips smooth, supple, and shiny without any greasy feeling.
- May promote faster healing. Research shows that skin tends to heal faster when moist and hydrated. CBD is known to possess hydrating qualities.
- Can help alleviate irritation and tenderness associated with cracked, dry, and flaky lips.
- Can help soothe damaged lips exposed to extreme freezing or hot temperatures.
- May offer protection against harmful sun damage and free radicals.
CBD Lip Balm: Drawbacks
- CBD lip balms might be a bit pricier than regular lip balms. Although some CBD products are available at a low price, they may not be authentic and of the best quality. It’s better to spend a little extra today (and actually saving money in the long run) than buying cheaper substandard products that won’t work.
- CBD works differently for everyone. Some may experience a tingling sensation on the lips or possible irritation. However, it is uncommon.
- Flavoured CBD lip balm may leave an after- taste in the mouth.
What Causes Dry Lips?
Dry lips are quite common, and this condition is quite harmless. However, it is important to do everything in your power to protect and hydrate them.
There are several reasons that can explain your dry and chapped lips. Your lips don’t necessarily get in this state because of poor self-care or bad health. These can be due to many other factors, well beyond your control.
Some common reasons for dry and chapped lips are:
- Weather: Exposure to extreme temperatures can cause irritation and lead to dry, cracked lips. This is especially seen in winter when cold, dry air causes them to flake and peel. Moreover, sun damage in hot summer months can also cause chapped lips.
- Nutrition: Underlying medical conditions, such as thyroid disease, inflammatory bowel disease or vitamin deficiencies (low levels of Vitamin, B, iron, zinc) can also result in dry, chapped lips.
- Dehydration: Not drinking enough water or drinking too much alcohol, caffeine or sugary drinks can make you dehydrated and result in dry lips.
- Habitual licking of lips: Constantly licking your lips can lead to chapped lips, since the saliva from the tongue further strips the lips of moisture, causing increased dryness.
- UV damage: Living in an area where you’re frequently exposed to UV rays can also lead to chapped and dry lips.
List of 5 Best CBD Lip Balms UK
At CBD Village, we have come up with a list of the best CBD lip balms currently in the market. All are made with the finest quality CBD and ingredients to keep your lips looking healthy, moisturised, and soft.
1. Editor’s Choice- Cibdol CBD Lip Balm (£5.50)
Cibdol CBD Lip Balm
£5.50 – £9.99
Cibdol has become a brand to watch out for. There is a reason Cibdol’s 5ml CBD lip balm jar is our top pick. It has a rich, natural formula packed with CBD and pleasant-smelling natural ingredients that claim to transform dry and damaged lips into soft and plump lips with enhanced elasticity. Not only that, Cibdol only uses premium natural ingredients full of antioxidants like mango seed butter and capric acid to help boost cell turnover.
Cibdol CBD lip balm contains no THC. It is completely non-psychoactive and non-intoxicating and will not give you a high. It has also been independently, and third-party lab tested. All these qualities, coupled with the amazing price have us completely sold on this!
2. Budget Choice –Naturecan CBD Lip Balm (£5.40)
Nature Can's Lip Balm
£5.50 – £9.99
Naturecan CBD Lip Balm is our budget choice for the best CBD lip balm. Naturecan offers an irresistible combination of both affordability and high quality that is hard to miss!
With Naturecan CBD lip balm, you get 30 mg of CBD per 10 ml jar. It contains absolutely no THC, so it’s non-psychoactive. You only get a satisfying blend of natural ingredients like moisturising beeswax and Vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant famed for its skin health and immune system boosting properties.
With this lip balm, you can bid goodbye to dry, damaged lips and a warm welcome to glowing, moisturised lips.
3. Best Tasting- Doctor Greens Lip Balm (£7.00)
Doctor Green’s Lip Balm
£5.50 – £9.99
With four tasty flavours to choose from, Doctor Greens Lip Balm was destined to be our first choice for best testing CBD lip balm.
Containing 100 mg CBD per 15 ml jar, Doctor Greens Lip balm is available in four fruity flavours; Fruit Chews, Lemon Dip-Dab, Strawberry and Love Heart.
All these are so delicious that you’ll have a hard time stopping yourself from eating them rather than putting them on your lips. If you do manage to use this lip balm for its intended purpose, you’ll be rewarded with intensely moisturised, soft lips with all potential benefits of CBD.
Another key ingredient that makes it a firm favourite is beeswax. Now beeswax is a dermatologist-recommended ingredient to treat chapped lips, owing to its intensely moisturising properties among other benefits. However, the vegans among us might want to give this lip balm a miss and choose from other exciting options.
4. Best CBD Lip Balm for Sensitive Skin- Drop CBD Lip Balm ( £8.20-£8.99)
Drop CBD Lip Balm
£5.50 – £9.99
Specially formulated with an invigorating blend of cranberry oil, hemp oil and beeswax, Drop CBD Lip Balm is the ideal choice for people with sensitive skin.
It comes in three delicious flavours; mint, mango, and strawberry. At £8.20 it’s a bit pricier than other CBD lip balms on our list. However, its rich ingredients with a host of great qualities make it worth the price. Drop CBD Lip Balm is gentle and will deeply moisturise your skin and help prevent it from peeling.
5. Best Scent-Free – Billiards 420 CBD Lip Balm (£9.00)
Billiards 420 Lip Balm
£5.50 – £9.99
Containing 50 mg of CBD per 15 ml jar, Billiards 420 CBD Lip Balm is completely natural and perfume free. It is ideal for those who dislike scented products. A blend of special ingredients helps keep lips moisturised no matter where you are- in a hot desert or skiing on high slopes. This lip balm is a must for all climates!
In the end, given that CBD works differently for everyone, all CBD lip balm users will have their own unique experiences. What works for one user might be completely ineffectual for another. In the end, the best CBD lip balm UK is the one that suits your personal preferences, tastes, and budget.
All the above-mentioned CBD lip balm brands are currently the most sought after in the market, but you should do your own research and see what CBD lip balm is best suited to your needs.